Professor of Business Law at Southern Utah University
Southern Utah University
Cedar City, UT, USA
$57.000 - $79.000
27 Sep → 27 Oct
The Southern Utah University Dixie L. Leavitt School of Business is conducting an open rank search for a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track faculty in the department of Accounting and Finance. Rank will be dependent upon education and experience.
The Dixie L. Leavitt School of Business at Southern Utah University is accredited by AACSB International and offers bachelors' degrees in business administration with ten different majors and several minors in different disciplines. Graduate programs include MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Business Analytics, and a MAcc/MBA dual degree program.
The Accounting program at SUU is accredited by AACSB International and prepares students for careers in the field of accounting. The Accounting program is comprised of, both, an undergraduate accounting degree and a Master of Accountancy degree.
Southern Utah University is a comprehensive, state-supported, regional graduate and undergraduate degree-granting institution located in Cedar City, Utah, with an enrollment of about 15,000 students. It is home to the Utah Shakespeare Festival and is surrounded by national parks, monuments, forests, and wilderness areas that draw millions of visitors annually from around the world. The university is located about 2 hours from Las Vegas and 3 hours from Salt Lake City. SUU is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and the School of Business is committed to the principles underlying this policy.
- Provide excellent instruction in undergraduate and graduate courses in accounting, both, on-campus and online. Courses taught may include Business Law and Ethics, Business Law II, other accounting courses as requested such as tax, etc.
- Teaching assignment will include summer teaching at Lin Yi Vocational College in Linyi, China every two to three years. Additional compensation and travel allowance will be provided for each summer taught in China.
- Promote enrollment in the accounting program, both, undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Engage and mentor students in alignment with the mission and vision of the university and school.
- Grow and nurture accounting industry contacts for field trips, internships, and career opportunities.
- Conduct research that enhances accounting instruction and the practice of accounting.
- Work closely with the Business Career Services Coordinator mentoring students in career exploration and securing employment.
- Provide service to the department, school, and university.
- Attend School and University meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned by the administration.
Requirements / Qualifications
Terminal degree in law (Juris Doctorate) or Tax (LL.M. in T
Passage of a U.S. state bar examination.
Excellent teaching skills in business law courses. Teaching experience could include experience in corporate settings (e.g., corporate training, public speaking, etc.).
Active research agenda in area relevant to teaching assignment.
Three to five year's professional experience with the law, teaching and/or practicing.
Current law license.
Passage of the CPA examination.
Current CPA license.
Knowledge of AACSB standards and accreditation.
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.