This job post is no longer available
Litigation Attorney at ExxonMobil
Spring, TX 77373, USA
$87.000 - $130.000
27 Sep → 27 Oct
Exxon Mobil Corporation is looking for an attorney with strong litigation experience to manage a varied docket of tort, commercial, land, and environmental litigation matters, working out of ExxonMobil’s Spring Campus. The attorney will handle a variety of matters and will work independently with supervision that is appropriate for the attorney’s level of experience.
- Provide legal analysis and counsel on current or potential litigation matters for Exxon Mobil Corporation and for Company affiliates.
- Actively manage a nationwide docket of tort, commercial, land, and environmental litigation matters, including responsibility for case strategy, legal analysis, witness preparation, depositions, judicial proceedings (hearings, trials, appeals, etc.).
- Provide legal counsel and support as needed on indemnity and additional insured issues, incident investigations, and risk management issues.
- Coordinate and interface with outside counsel to ensure proper handling of matters where outside counsel is retained.
- Handle a significant case load (volume and complexity).
- Review documents and pleadings as relevant and necessary associated with the above matters.
- Communicate with and advise business clients and law management regarding case status and key milestones.
- Work and coordinate with, and provide and seek advice from, other lawyers.
Requirements / Qualifications
J.D. from an accredited law school
Strong college and law school record (top 1/3 of class preferred)
License to practice law in at least one state (Texas bar membership preferred)
Minimum of three (3) years of legal experience, all (or substantially all) of which is in litigation (energy industry experience preferred)
First chair experience with trials and in managing significant litigation matters
Litigation experience in a law firm, corporation, or agency, including experience in handling and managing significant and complex litigation matters
Knowledge of Civil Procedure and Rules of Evidence
Strong research and analytical skills and ability to exercise sound business judgment and work both independently and as part of an integrated legal team
Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
Ability to travel domestically, as needed
Ability to work effectively with a highly diverse global law department
Reputation for high ethical standards and integrity
Record of Pro Bono experience
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs