Real Estate Counsel at AvantStay
$100.000 - $140.000
27 Sep → 27 Oct
We are looking to hire a Real Estate Counsel for Brokerage Compliance, with specific experience in real estate brokerage law, real estate regulatory compliance, contracts, and licensing. You will work with the Legal team to own and advise the broader company on a wide range of regulatory and compliance matters relating to AvantStay’s real estate operations and brokerage, including but not limited to: entity structure, corporate compliance, representation, and licensing agreements. You will assist in setting up corporate entity structures and policy analysis for real estate brokerage operations across multiple states, and will be responsible for conducting compliance reviews on a state by state operating basis. You will ensure the company and its affiliates are properly registered with all governmental bodies, submit necessary reports and disclosures, Secretary of State filings, utility permits, etc.
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with state and local real estate licensing rules/regulations, in addition to all policies and procedures for AvantStay’s Brokerage.
- You will work closely with the central Brokerage team and Market Ops Brokers to ensure transaction requirements are compliant and develop AvantStay’s Brokerage Standards.
- You will focus on quality control when advising on contract changes, contract composition and oversee all contract compliance.
- Additionally, you will support the relationships between the brokerage and state associations of Real Estate, MLSs and Department of Real Estates bodies ensuring good standing with all memberships.
- Develop, refine and implement brokerage policies & procedures
- Ensure the company and brokerage created materials adhere to all company policies and procedures while abiding by all state and national Fair Housing and real-estate laws Ongoing development and nurturing of Department(s) of Real Estate and Local Associations
- Develop customized company agreements for transactions nationwide
- Keep real estate forms/document checklists up-to-date
- Provide superior customer support to all of our brokers and support staff
- Work with the Brokerage and Legal teams to ensure data accuracy and compliance
- Ensure licensee, office and transaction records are in full compliance and audit ready at all times
- Be responsible for Key Performance Indicators specific to compliance metrics
Requirements / Qualifications
Knowledge of Real Estate, Corporate Real Estate, Compliance, Licensing, and state-specific regulations in real estate
Personal business experience and/or accounting and/or education background in business/economics preferable
Minimum 2-5 years of legal experience
Willingness to work on other business projects unrelated to attorney work – ex: store audits, vendor reviews, etc.
Real Estate law and/or other legal background is preferred, as the right candidate would need to hit the ground running on listed job duties with minimal training/oversight needed
Preferred experience with Propco’s, REITs, or working with licensees actively transacting on real estate while facilitating deals for clients (agency disclosure)
Active CA Bar License preferred, will consider candidates with active licenses in other states
Motivated/entrepreneurial spirit looking to grow their career in fast paced company
Strong understanding of the Real Estate industry at national and state levels
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Professional demeanor, high level of attention to detail
Knowledge and experience in corporate transactions, property management, and hospitality is a plus
Benefits/What We offer
Team bonding and off-site events
Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.