This job post is no longer available
Sr Dir, Sr Counsel Advertising & Marketing at Spectrum
Stamford, CT, USA
24 Sep → 24 Oct
Spectrum is looking for Sr Dir, Sr Counsel Advertising & Marketing.
- Senior advertising law attorney to provide legal advice and recommendations for action to executives and management in coordination with more senior professionals.
- Duties include developing and challenging advertising claims before the National Advertising Division; counseling with respect to substantiation on advertising claims; advising on deceptive and false advertising; reviewing advertising and marketing copy; reviewing public relations and media announcements; drafting releases to use names and images in advertisements, and reviewing and drafting sponsorship agreements and related materials.
- Analyzes proposed and established legislation, prepares legal documents, and reviews company policies.
- Advises management on legal matters and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provides work guidance to paraprofessionals and support staff in developing solutions to problems presented.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates a dedicated legal staff comprised of attorneys paralegals, and administrative personnel
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for corporation
- Prepares and presents compliance and legal briefing to management
- Represents corporation in legal and regulatory proceedings
- Participates in development of plans and provides assistance to internal clients in response to newly passed legislation and/or regulations
- Researches and drafts administrative and legislative proposals, regulations and reports
- Evaluates existing policies, procedures and applicable training for the company
- Fields and answers questions from business units concerning legal topics related to assigned area
- Meets with business clients and third-parties
- Negotiates and drafts business agreements
- Coordinates and manages outside counsel
- Keeps informed of industry-specific regulations and ensures that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
Requirements / Qualifications
Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
Admission to State Bar in which Attorney practices
7+ years experience in legal practice
2 years experience in designated area of expertise
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.