Director, Corporate Development and Planning at American Airlines
Fort Worth, TX, USA
$130.000 - $170.000
22 Sep → 22 Oct
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of yourself. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
As a Director in the Corporate Development and Planning group, you will be responsible for responsible for directing and managing corporate projects and strategic development initiatives through a matrix-based organization.
- Leads cross-departmental teams (matrix organization) in partnership with business units to pursue investment and strategic opportunities
- Assesses, analyzes, structures, negotiates, documents, and executes corporate investment transactions
- Partners with business units in their development of strategic plans and frameworks with particular focus upon industry structure, vertical integration, and new business model/technology applications
- Pursues and evaluates creative innovation opportunities in collaboration with business partners
- Researches and analyzes business opportunities, ensuring a thorough understanding of the target industry, key participants, and competitive trends
- Drafts and presents detailed presentations providing thorough assessment of opportunities, risks, benefits, alternatives, and investment justification for corporate projects
- Develops and reviews analytical models to quantify investment opportunities
- Manages large and complex projects from end-to-end, using project plans to track performance and ensure timely completion
- Works closely with internal (Legal, Accounting, Tax) and external advisors (Consultants, Bankers, Lawyers)
- Collaboratively assigns, or delegates responsibility for, specified project work or functional activities
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience; Advanced degree preferred
7 years of experience in leadership roles
5 years of experience successfully implementing large-scale and complex projects or Project Management Certification
Previous strategic planning experience at the team and division level required
Previous relevant experience in venture capital, investment banking, private equity, or commercial banking industries required
Broad understanding of the airline industry with particular experience in at least two areas: Commercial, Operations, and/or Finance
Passion for innovation, speed to market, and team-based solution development
Demonstrated ability to work with the leadership team to identify, plan, and execute strategic initiatives
Demonstrated ability to be highly collaborative, form consensus, build relationships, and work productively with a broad range of experienced professionals throughout the company
Demonstrated ability to assess opportunities, structure solutions, and effectively execute project plans to meet corporate goals
Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple large scale projects on an ongoing basis and adjust priorities, as necessary, to meet shifting deadlines in a dynamic work environment
Ability to influence and drive success by asking meaningful questions, challenging the status quo, and modeling teamwork and effective collaboration
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing, and complex environment
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively and clearly communicate a strategic and tactical vision to all levels within the organization, as well as with external agencies and business partners
Believes in and promotes the American Airlines five leadership attributes:
Benefits/What We offer
Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.