This job post is no longer available
General Counsel at Security First Bank
Security First Bank
Lincoln, NE, USA
$150.900 - $201.200
21 Sep → 21 Oct
The Senior Vice President, General Counsel will be the senior legal officer of Security First Bank responsible for the oversight and management of all the legal affairs the bank and will directly report to the President. This position serves as an officer of Security First Bank, The General Counsel will advise on a wide array of institutional matters including, among other things, Lending Operations; contracts, intellectual property, litigation, real estate, compliance, and transactions.
Apply Today. Grow with us at Security First Bank and find your future in banking. We treat you right.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Licensed by the State of Nebraska and the State of South Dakota as an attorney qualified to practice law in the state and in good standing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job the employee would occasionally be required to carry loads up to and including 24lbs. It is frequently necessary to bend, squat, reach above the shoulder level, crouch, kneel, balance and push/pull equipment. Firm grasping/fine manipulation with the right/left hand is necessary. In an 8-hour day, the employee can expect to sit about 6 hours.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Starting Wage Range and Benefits:
Security First Bank provides some of the most competitive, comprehensive benefits in South Dakota and Nebraska. We believe in our employees and they deserve an environment in which they can excel, with the peace of mind that their families are in good hands. We provide a host of health benefits, financial plans, and other services designed to make life better - both at work and at home.
Listed wage range is for starting wage and prior experience will be taken into consideration. Additional information about benefits is available on the careers page of the company web site. Specific questions about benefits for full or part time status will be answered during the interview process.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
- Assist in the management of consumer and commercial litigation and regulatory matters, contract review, subpoenas, other legal documents (engagement letters/consulting services documents). Review, revise, draft and negotiate third party contracts related to lending matters and all related contracts and agreements pertaining to mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures.
- Provide advice in connection with the implementation of overall business strategy for the bank and its lending operations.
- Drafting and negotiating loan documents, with an emphasis in loan defaults, restructurings, workouts, and bankruptcy (e.g., election of remedies, forbearance agreements, ancillary real estate financing documentation).
- Advise on regulatory compliance matters, including managing the firms responses to various regulatory inspections and advise our professionals regarding the legal and regulatory framework.
- Apply industry and regulatory standards.
- Provide advice regarding the laws, regulations, and professional standards relating to the banking or financial services industry, including deposit account ownership structure and account disputes, lending, internal audit, and bank compliance.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current local, state, and federal banking and financial laws and ordinances.
- Apply legal principles to determinations on individual cases and problems.
- Perform self-directed research and analysis as required for effective prosecution in a timely manner.
- Keep management informed of any legal situations which may impact the bank or cause a financial loss to the bank.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, employees of other departments, representatives of other organizations, and the public.
Requirements / Qualifications
Education and/or Experience.
Juris Doctor from an accredited law school is required.
10 years recent legal experience is required in either a business or relevant government agency, or as corporate In-House Counsel in the banking or similar industry.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Well versed in state and federal laws and regulations governing the assigned area(s) of responsibility, banking environment, and related industry practices.
Demonstrate experience in analyzing, interpreting, and communicating strategies and requirements, and the ability to translate complex legal issues into concise presentations.
Excellent problem-solving abilities and effective verbal and written skills.
Strong documentation skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
Flexibility and ability to work well within both the legal team and cross-functional teams.
Experience with managing confidential information and documents with discretion.
Strong business sense and ability to exercise good business judgement.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs