Senior Counsel - Commercial at MessageBird
21 Sep → 21 Oct
You will act as a trusted legal advisor to our sales leadership, negotiating all types of complex commercial contracts (customer, vendor, and supplier). You will also support the implementation of scalable contracting processes contributing to a more seamless sales cycle. You are a dealmaker ideally with prior experience within the SaaS technology industry. This role will report to the Lead Counsel, Commercial.
- Negotiate a wide range of commercial transactions, from sales/supplier agreements to partnership deals and everything in between;
- Engage with internal business clients to develop a streamlined, efficient, and scalable contracting process, including a contract management system;
- Actively shape and develop the legal commercial strategy to support our product offerings and sales strategy;
- Advise internal stakeholders regarding key issues and risks in our commercial contracts, and ensure that our agreements reflect our internal standards and guidelines;
- Proactively manage vendor relationships and procurement policies and procedures;
- Provide proactive legal support across the legal department and sound advice across the company.
Requirements / Qualifications
Law degree; and 7-10 years experience in a law firm and/or in-house environment, with particular focus negotiating customer, vendor, and partnership agreements. Prior background with an international software company preferred;
Familiarity with contract management tools and processes, including implementation and training;
An understanding and appreciation of privacy, data protection, and IP related issues;
A start-up mentality; a willingness to roll up your sleeves, clear blockers, think creatively, prioritize effectively, support the business, and get the job done;
A collaborative, flexible, and positive attitude;
A demonstrated ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and build strong client relationships, including expressing legal concepts in plain language;
Strong negotiation skills with the ability to balance the deadlines and short-term contract requirements with the long-term vision and objectives of the business;
Excellent written/verbal communication skills in English; additional languages are a plus.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.