CTE Pre-Law Teacher (JD Required) at Chicago Public Schools
Chicago Public Schools
Chicago, IL, USA
$38.000 - $50.000
21 Sep → 21 Oct
This is a high school teaching position in Pre-Engineering which is a Career and Technical Education (CTE) program. The Pre-Engineering program is a series of prescribed courses for grades 9-12 that provides a strong foundation in the engineering industry. Pre-Engineering delivers industry-based instruction where students become acquainted with the fundamentals of engineering practices and provides to students the foundation and proven path to college and career success in STEM-related fields. Pre-Engineering prepares students to be the most innovative and productive leaders in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Through an engaging, hands-on curriculum, the Pre-Engineering program encourages the development of problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and creative & innovative reasoning. Students may be eligible to obtain certifications and internships in the area of pre-engineering.
- Prior teaching experience
- ISBE Professional Education License (PEL) in Mathematics and/or Science
- Excellent planning, organization, written and verbal communication skills
- High-level problem solving skills
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Team and detail oriented
- Provide rigorous and relevant instruction on pre-approved hands-on curriculum in the content area and general work-place readiness.
- Integrate soft-skill instruction into competency-based content area activities.
- Support students in industry relevant competitions, industry exploration activities, professional organizations and postsecondary initiatives.
- Show evidence of project-based learning (e.g., competitions, capstone events, etc.)
- Collaborate with core content teachers on common course planning, integration and alignment.
- Collaborate with school-based staff (college and career coach, counselor, etc.) and CTE Partnership Development Liaisons and Program Coordinators to identify and recommend work-ready students.
- Attend all relevant professional development set by the Office of College and Career Success in order to provide the best educational experience possible for students.
- Maintain and update industry certifications as required by Illinois State Board of Education and Chicago Public Schools.
- Attend CPS CTE professional development sessions if working under an Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) Educator License with Stipulations/Career and Technical Education (ELS/CTE) or a newly hired teacher.
Requirements / Qualifications
Eligible to receive an ISBE Professional Education License (PEL) in Technology Education with coursework in Engineering, Electronics/Electricity, Manufacturing, and/or Drafting (certificate must be in place prior to teaching), or
Eligible to receive an ISBE Educator License with Stipulations (ELS(CTE)) in Technology & Pre-Engineering Education (certificate must be in place prior to teaching)
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Technology Education, Engineering, Science, and/or Mathematics from an accredited college or university
Successfully complete the two week training from U of I associated with each Pre-Engineering (PTLW) course prior to teaching the course
Successfully complete PD conducted by U of I when course curriculum updates (4-5 years) are made
Minimum 4,000 hours (2 years full-time) of industry experience in an engineering field required
This position requires a Chicago residency within six months of accepting the position.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.