Entry Level Paralegal (Mechanical Group) at Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox, PLLC
Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox, PLLC
Washington, DC, USA
21 Sep → 21 Oct
Who are we?
Named for several years as a "great place" to work by The Washington Post and Washington Business Journal, Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox p.l.l.c. is proud to be one of the most highly regarded intellectual property speciality law firms in the world. We recognize that it is the talent and dynamism of each individual at Sterne Kessler that makes that possible. With that in mind, we have cultivated an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating with just the right touch of fun and exuberance. We offer a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and are Metro-accessible in a prime downtown location with many nearby restaurants and shops.
What do we need?
We are looking for an entry-level candidate to join our Mechanical & Design Practice Group. Paralegals in our Mechanical & Design Practice Group primarily support the prosecution of design patents, which protect the ornamental appearance of an item. We need candidates who are eager to learn about intellectual property law and who enjoy detail-oriented and deadline-driven work.
- Providing legal assistance to assigned timekeepers in all areas of design and utility patent prosecution.
- Developing and maintaining a current knowledge of US and foreign rules and filing procedures, as well as SKGF firm procedures.
- Managing client design patent portfolios and facilitating all aspects of US and foreign design patent application prosecution.
- Assisting with drafting US design patent applications and responses to USPTO correspondence, including Office Actions.
- Working with drafting vendors to prepare formal drawings for design patent applications.
- Revising design patent application drawings as needed in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Proofreading all correspondence to and from the PTO with high attention to detail.
Requirements / Qualifications
Strong academic credentials and a design- or STEM-related degree preferred. Degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Graphic Design/Design are a plus, but not required.
Office experience preferred; paralegal certificate a plus but not required.
Interest in a minimum 2-year commitment to the position.
High level of detail-orientation.
Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment and ability to work efficiently under pressure in a productive and professional manner.
Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.