This job post is no longer available
Counsel- Marketing at Danone
White Plains, NY, USA
$130.000 - $150.000
20 Sep → 20 Oct
Our Legal team works closely with our businesses to provide strategic guidance on cutting-edge issues. In this role, you will advise clients across multiple businesses in North America with respect to marketing, advertising and privacy matters – both in terms of marketing content and marketing-related transactions. Ideal candidates will possess a dedication to client service and will work closely with the business and cross-functional teams to assess risks, evaluate effects, and propose sustainable solutions that have a positive impact. The ability to think quickly in complex and ever-changing situations and provide practical guidance to drive the business is required.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The base compensation range for this position is 130-150K. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
- Review and provide counsel on all brand communications and advertising materials including, but not limited to, television advertising, print advertising, digital/social media campaigns and content, in-store activations, coupons & product packaging.
- Work closely with R&I, Scientific Affairs, Compliance Managers and Brand teams on product claim substantiation, cross-functional projects and product development & innovations.
- Review, draft and negotiate an array of contractual agreements for our Marketing teams, including: master service agreements, advertising and creative agency agreements, influencer agreements, spokesperson agreements, sponsorship agreements, joint promotion agreements, consulting services agreements, and confidentiality agreements.
- Assist as needed in support of Sales team, including reviewing, drafting, and negotiating sales and distribution agreements
- Assist in the initiation and defense of challenges in the product and advertising claims arena involving competitors, FDA, FTC, NAD, and State Attorneys General
Requirements / Qualifications
Assist in the initiation and defense of challenges in the product and advertising claims arena involving competitors, FDA, FTC, NAD, and State Attorneys General
4-8 Years of experience as counsel at a distinguished law firm and/or in an in-house legal department
Ability to draft and skillfully negotiate complex commercial agreements with partners and vendors
Experience with FDA, FTC, NAD and State Attorneys is preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Outstanding analytical, contract drafting and negotiation skills
An ability to relate to a diverse client base and provide creative and clear counsel to the business to achieve company objectives
Strong work ethic and "hands on" approach and mentality
Effective organizational skills with careful attention to detail
Ability to stay abreast of relevant and emerging trends in the law
Basic Spanish and French are a plus
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs