This job post is no longer available
Immigration Paralegal Assistant at Fisher & Phillips LLP
Fisher & Phillips LLP
Denver, CO, USA
16 Sep → 16 Oct
Fisher Phillips, a national employment and labor law firm, is seeking an Immigration Paralegal Assistant for its Denver office. Our range of experience enables us to bring efficient and practical solutions to today's labor and employment law problems. For more information about the firm, please visit us at our website at www.fisherphillips.com.
The Immigration Paralegal Assistant provides assistance to attorneys by performing complex and clerical tasks, and working collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. This position supports a set of attorneys as a primary assignment and supports the paralegals as assigned.
Fisher Phillips offers a comprehensive benefits package for staff that includes medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) and profit sharing, life insurance, long-term disability, and an employee assistance program. We also offer optional benefits such as critical care, accident and hospital indemnity insurance, a student loan refinancing program, life insurance for dependents, and pet insurance.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act the salary range for this position will be: $50k - $55k.
No relocation costs. Principals only; no calls please.
- Assist attorneys and paralegals with research projects, responses to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) Requests for Evidence, FOIA requests, and reports.
- Assists attorneys and paralegals with submitting Service Requests to USCIS for petitions that are outside normal processing times.
- Assists in I-9 audits by printing I-9s, supporting documents, and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Assists in USDOJ audits by printing and organizing documents.
- Sends questionnaires, and receipt, biometric, interview and approval notices to clients through INSZoom immigration portal.
- Prints completed questionnaires and documents from INSZoom immigration portal.
- Organizes files for paralegals.
- Prints, compiles, proof reads work visa and permanent residence petitions completed by paralegals for attorney review.
- Prepares Congressional inquiries.
- Prepares and prints filing fee checks.
Requirements / Qualifications
Displays good judgment in handling confidential information.
Organized, detail-oriented and able to prioritize work appropriately.
Maintains an exceptional customer service attitude and demeanor at all times.
Flexible and willing to pitch in wherever needed; always reflects a “can do” attitude.
Takes ownership; gets the job done without the need for prodding or supervision.
Adapts well to fluctuations in workload and changes in responsibilities.
Able to juggle multiple assignments and/or deadlines while maintaining a professional demeanor and timely seeks assistance when needed.
Maintains a professional demeanor in high-stress situations.
Effectively and professionally communicates with clients, opposing counsel, vendors, and firm personnel through concise and accurate written communications.
Answers questions clearly and thoroughly.
Attendance & Punctuality: Be consistently at work and on time; arrive at meetings and appointments on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Communication: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Customer Service: Respond promptly to attorney and client requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
Dependability: Follow instructions; complete tasks on time; commit to the hours necessary to complete assignments; work independently.
Professionalism: Approach others in a tactful manner; treat others with respect; react well under pressure.
Team Work: Contribute to building a positive team spirit; support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Technical Skills: Possess basic PC skills; ability to use: phone system including voicemail and conference calling; copier; scanner; fax; and printer; and a working knowledge of time entry systems. Possesses good clerical skills including typing, word processing, mail and contact management, spreadsheets, and presentations. Must be proficient in Outlook, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs