This job post is no longer available
Attorney-Adviser (Military) at U.S. Army Forces Command
U.S. Army Forces Command
Fort Bragg, NC, USA
$95.751 - $124.477
16 Sep → 16 Oct
About the Position: HQ, US Army Forces Command Office of the Commander, SJA, Civil Law Division, Fort Bragg, NC
If you are currently serving in a permanent, competitive service appointment in the Federal service, and are selected for this position, the appointment will remove you from the competitive service while you occupy this position.
- Reviews all FORSCOM requests for military air travel, premium class commercial travel, and spouse travel as required by DoD and Army policy.
- Provides training as necessary to Headquarters? and subordinate command personnel regarding submission of appropriate requests for travel.
- Responsible for producing completed legal documents in final form using word processing software and computer equipment without or with very little clerical support.
- Serves as an Ethics Counselor for Forces Command. Advises subordinate commands on ethics and standards of conduct issues.
- Prepares written ethics opinions and provides advice on ethics issues governed by the Joint Ethics Regulation and applicable federal statutes and regulations.
- Reviews request for support to private organizations. Conducts ethics training as required.
- 25% or less - 25% business travel may be required.
Requirements / Qualifications
Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance for access for the duration of employment.
This position requires the incumbent to maintain active bar membership, in good standing (as defined by the pertinent bar) of the bar of the highest court of a State, U.S. territory, the District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
A two year trial/probationary period may be required.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.