This job post is no longer available
Marketing Counsel at NASCAR
Charlotte, NC, USA
$110.000 - $140.000
15 Sep → 15 Oct
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Marketing Counsel based in our Charlotte office.
The Marketing Counsel will negotiate and draft various types of agreements for national and international marketing and licensing teams for NASCAR and ARCA.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
- Negotiate, review and draft sponsorship, series entitlement and licensing agreements, including all video gaming and technology applications featuring trademark licenses.
- Advise national and international marketing teams regarding legal and complex business issues relating to Company's sponsorship and licensing initiatives, business development and internal industry compliance.
- Provide mentorship in the Legal department by training and mentoring paralegals and contract coordinators and overseeing and reviewing their work.
- Participate in brand marketing strategy meetings and recommend new policies, guidelines and procedures for client approvals and legal templates.
- Review confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements for use with business and marketing suppliers.
- Review advertising and promotion materials for substantiation, consumer protection, intellectual property issues and legal compliance.
- Review rules, creative and other materials for sweepstakes and contests and advise clients regarding legal requirements for game structure and security.
- Draft and negotiate advertising and brand marketing agency agreements.
- Must be able to build strong internal client relationships, comfort in effectively advising senior-level managers, and generate strong client satisfaction through quick turnaround and appropriate recommendations.
- Work on other assigned contracts to provide legal assistance to other groups on an as requested basis.
Requirements / Qualifications
Juris Doctorate (JD) and preferably a minimum of three years legal experience preferred.
Knowledge of intellectual property law (domestic and international).
License to practice law and in good standing with the Bar Association in the United States.
Comfortable working in a fast-paced, sometimes evolving environment; takes initiative and demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
Excellent analytical skills and the ability to discern the practical application of legal requirements; ability to apply knowledge, take into account business objectives, and communicate well.
Basic business acumen, familiarity with how a company operates, different functions and departments within a business, general financial understanding.
Attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills.
Exceptional analytical and negotiating skills.
Ability to travel 25%, including weekends.
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic