This job post is no longer available
Data Specialist at Juristat
$30.000 - $35.000
08 Apr → 08 May
- Juristat does not outsource hiring or work with third-party recruiters. All correspondence related to this position will come from a Juristat hiring manager with a Juristat email address.
This is an entry-level position with a salary range of $30-$35k/year, plus overtime (not required). There is room for potential growth into leadership, training/development, technical, or revenue positions. We pride ourselves on our positive work culture and DEI initiatives. See our DEI page on our website here for more. We offer a fully remote work environment, flexible work times, unlimited PTO, multiple health insurance plan choices, a 401k, and company-funded equipment.
Juristat is building an innovative suite of products, and we need the team to create those tools. We’re seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join our data team as an entry-level Data Entry Specialist. This group provides a personalized human level of input to our AI software and is a critical component of our team.
This particular team member will be responsible for editing incoming legal documents in real-time to detect and correct errors in our processing, enter data from the source documents into templates, annotate legal documents, and provide feedback to others to improve our proprietary artificial intelligence.
This role is 100% remote with optional office space for in-person meetings in the St. Louis, MO and Denver, CO locations, and may be available in additional locations as Juristat grows. If you possess high attention to detail and self-motivation – this is the job for you!
Necessary skills for this position include:
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing the performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Reviewing — Most similar to line editing, scrutinizing text line-by-line, ensuring accuracy from one document to the next
- Time Management — Self-pacing your workday to keep up with a steady influx of projects
Several qualities make you stand out as the right person to fill this position. In particular:
- You are extremely organized and possess high attention to detail
- You have a strong work ethic
- You are trustworthy and can maintain confidentiality
- You are skilled at typing and using digital word processors, such as Microsoft Word and Google Documents, as well as other similar computer applications; Microsoft Excel is a plus
- You are knowledgeable of correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- You can quickly adapt to new processes and procedures as our team grows and our processes rapidly improve
- You are excited to learn about our current processes and infrastructure and willing to provide creative suggestions to improve our workflow as you grow in your role
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Collecting and analyzing digital documents and related data
- Reviewing data and documents for errors
- Entering, correcting, and formatting data from source documents
- Working cooperatively with other Juristat team members
- Consistently meeting individual and team performance objectives
- Becoming familiar with Juristat’s tools and systems to understand all team-related internal systems, processes, and procedures
- There is potential to grow into a larger role based on performance, skills, and experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
We enjoy working in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. We all agree to follow a code of conduct. Additionally, we show our team members that we value them by offering the following:
- Remote position with no pressure to ever come back to the office
- Unlimited personal leave policy
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k with up to 4% company match
- Professional development funding
- Fun and flexible work environment
Juristat is an equal-opportunity employer. We're excited to work with people no matter their race, color, creed, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, pregnancy status, or mental or physical disability. See our DEI page of our website for more.