This job post is no longer available
Human Rights Officer - MCHR- KC at State of Missouri
State of Missouri
Kansas City, MO, USA
$40.408 - $51.808
15 Sep → 15 Oct
At the Missouri Commission on Human Rights (MCHR), you will be part of a team that maintains positive working relationships, conducts duties with courtesy and respect, pursues continuous improvement, and is inclusive. You will have the satisfaction of helping to promote and enforce equal opportunity in Missouri under the state law.
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer.
- Investigate complaints of alleged discrimination in employment, housing, and/or public accommodations for MCHR.
- Prepare investigative plans, interview parties and witnesses, research information related to an investigation, and draft interrogatories, memos, and investigative reports.
- Perform onsite visits and/or field tests in housing, employment, or public accommodation cases.
- Conduct settlement negotiations and prepare settlement agreements.
- Exercise initiative and independence within established guidelines under general direction.
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree OR two years of relevant experience
Intermediate knowledge of federal and state civil rights laws, statutes, and regulations.
Intermediate knowledge of the principles and techniques of investigation, interviewing, and negotiation.
Intermediate knowledge of current social, economic, and related areas pertaining to the field of human relations.
Intermediate knowledge of individual and group behavior, with special emphasis on cultural diversity and attitudes involved in racial or ethnic relations.
Ability to interpret, explain and apply civil rights statutes an regulations
Ability to conduct investigations and fact-finding conferences.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs