This job post is no longer available
Paralegal - Environmental at Harris County
Houston, TX, USA
10 Sep → 10 Oct
Summary of the job: A paralegal working in the Environmental Practice Group will be asked to learn a variety of skills and possess the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
The Environmental Practice Group values action oriented team players who exhibit the highest of ethical standards and enthusiastically improve their professional skills while providing public service to Harris County. Our clients include Harris County Pollution Control Services Department, Harris County Engineering, and the Harris County Fire Marshal.
- Prioritizing work requests from attorneys.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date files and calendar deadlines
- Assisting attorneys in drafting and proofing letters, pleadings, orders, motions, affidavits, and other documents.
- Supporting attorneys in drafting discovery, including responses, and create and maintain privilege logs.
- Filing in District Court E-filing system and State Administrative filing systems.
- Proof reading documents.
- Searching Westlaw for cases and statutes.
- Attending and Assisting at Hearings, Depositions, Meetings and Trial.
- Preparing Exhibits, Table of Contents, and Table of Authorities for hearings, trials and appeals.
- Assisting attorneys with case development and organization.
- Assisting with scheduling meetings, reports, calendaring and other duties when necessary.
- Willing to train on any technology programs used by the group.
Requirements / Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED equivalency
Minimum of five (5) years’ paralegal experience
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and Nitro software
Ability to use Windows 10 and Office 2016 and Office 365
Ability to file electronically in the Mandated E-filing District Courts
Ability to acquire research through the Secretary of State, HCAD, and environmental databases
Ability to manage high volume caseload
Ability to communicate with the public and defendants
Organization and time management skills to resolve issues within attorneys' parameters
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs