This job post is no longer available
Attorney - Tax Exemptions at TrustPoint.One
09 Sep → 09 Oct
Trustpoint.one is pleased to be supporting an AmLaw 50 law firm in their search for an Attorney with strong Tax Exemption experience. This remote, long-term, open-ended contract position offers the opportunity for high-level, sophisticated work and the opportunity to act as a mentor to more junior Associates. The Tax Exemption Attorney will be responsible for advising tax-exempt clients on matters that include risk, tax exemption status and general tax-related advice.
- Handling real estate tax issues
- Tax exempt bond financing
- 501(c)(3) opinion relating to tax exempt bond financing
- Providing advice to 501(c)(3) organization planning to acquire a for profit business as a subsidiary
- Providing advice to 501(c)(6) trade association
- Researching facts and drafting Section 501(c)(4) opinions
- Providing tax advice on various tax issues for 501(c)(6) and Section 501(c)(3) organizations
- Providing tax advice concerning various Section 501(c)(3) issues
- Counseling Section 501(c)(3) organizations on commercial activities, including participation investment funds
- Other miscellaneous billable matters for tax exempt organizations
Requirements / Qualifications
The qualified Tax Exemption Attorney will have significant (10+ years) experience handling such matters, ideally from another large law firm.
All Attorneys must be admitted to the Bar, in good standing, in the State in which the work will be performed.
Excellent interpersonal skills are a must.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.