This job post is no longer available
File and Archive Clerk-Criminal Court Clerk at Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County
Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County
Nashville, TN, USA
09 Sep → 09 Oct
This non-Civil Service position is located with the Criminal Court Clerk's Office and performs a variety of clerical duties which may require initiative and independent judgment to process, communicate, create and/or maintain various records, files, and information. Performs related duties as required.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Candidates with accreditations earned in a foreign institute are encouraged to apply.
Note: Per Metro Ordinance No. SO94-1078. All employees of the Metropolitan Government shall be residents of the State of Tennessee or become residents of the state within six (6) months of employment as a prerequisite to employment with the Metropolitan Government.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Metro Nashville Government respects the religious beliefs and practices of all employees and will make, on request, an accommodation for such observances when a reasonable accommodation is available that does not create an undue hardship on business operations.
- Performs varied routine clerical duties for a department, division or section of the Criminal Court Clerk’s Office.
- Files, maintains and updates various records or reference materials.
- May type forms and related documents.
- Determines type of service needed.
- Researches schedules, files, record books, and related sources to provide correct information to the public.
- Provides assistance to staff serving the public regarding criminal record information.
- Researches files and records for needed information.
- Verifies and enters data into a computer.
- May operate various office machines.
- Compiles and maintains records and files.
- May receive, sort, and distribute mail.
- May order and stock supplies.
- May serve as lobby representative at the primary point of contact for the office.
- Places, answers, and routes telephone calls.
- Forwards information to the proper person.
- May receive and direct visitors to the office.
- Provides assistance to the public.
- Makes simple arithmetic calculations.
- May handle routine questions and complaints.
Requirements / Qualifications
Ability to perform simple arithmetical computations.
Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.