Counsel Legal & Business Affairs at The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG)
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG)
New York, NY 10121, USA
07 Sep → 07 Oct
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSG Sports), a leading professional sports company, is looking for Counsel Legal & Business Affairs.
- Negotiate and draft various player and staff agreements, marketing, public relations and promotions-related agreements, including advertising, marketing and production agency engagements, cross-promotions, ticket agency agreements, merchandise manufacturing/distribution, photographer/videographer engagements and photo shoot/video productions, talent agreements, including Knicks/Rangers-related appearances/performances, software licenses, content and intellectual property licenses, real estate property leases, equipment agreements and other commercial contracts.
- Provide advice with respect to NBA, NHL, and eSports league rules, collective bargaining agreements and strategic analysis and on all league business rules and initiatives.
- Coordinate with various personnel throughout MSG Sports to help facilitate business initiatives, as well as liaising with other Departments (e.g., Risk Management regarding insurance/COI requirements, Finance, Facilities regarding union issues) to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Work on sweepstakes, contests and giveaways, including rules and registrations.
- Provide legal advice on a variety of matters, including contracts, strategy, advertising, entertainment, consumer and privacy related matters.
- Supervise outside counsel and review and revise work product.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Advise about rights and obligations under existing agreements, including analyzing legal options researching issues of law in order to identify the best strategic option for the business unit.
Requirements / Qualifications
Legal education and JD required; minimum of 3 years of experience as corporate lawyer
Licensed to practice law in New York
Advanced negotiating skills
Expertise in contract drafting, interpretation and analysis
Knowledge of contract law, business law and related areas
Experience in sports, live entertainment or closely-related field preferred
Experience in digital media preferred
Demonstrated expertise in independently handling complex contractual and legal matters
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.