This job post is no longer available
Immigration Attorney at Global Immigration Associates
Global Immigration Associates
Chicago, IL, USA
07 Sep → 07 Oct
Global Immigration Associates, P.C. is a medium-sized independent law firm based in Chicago, Illinois focusing on employment-based visas for companies, their foreign national employees and candidates, and their families. We believe that immigrants are a critical piece of the nation’s future, and we are proud to play a key role in helping our clients and their employees find paths to success in the US. We work exclusively with the customers of Envoy Global (www.envoyglobal.com) using its best-in-breed technology platform
This role will be required to interact with coworkers at all levels of our firm, as well as with corporate clients, foreign nationals, and colleagues. Attorneys and support staff enjoy a fast-paced work environment, and gain exposure to a wide array of employment-based visa types in a high-volume environment where their work makes a difference.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, as well as an open and supportive culture for all our people.
Global Immigration Associates, P.C., is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other protected classification.
- Counsel and prepare immigrant and non-immigrant visas for major domestic and multinational corporations and their employees using a web-based client/FN portal
- Review and proofread complex evidence and case documents
- Track, monitor, and log all evidence and documents for client cases
- Create, compile, and prepare all documentation for filing
- Draft and edit client Letters of Support for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) and Department of Labor (DOL)
- Proactively research new legislation and legal changes in immigration law
- Prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage case deadlines for multiple clients
- Assist with additional administrative and clerical duties as necessary
- Visa types we work on include H-1B, L-1A/B, TN, EB-1/2/3, H-1B1, dependent and derivative cases, advance parole and work authorizations, AOS, and all phases of the employment-based Green Card process.
Requirements / Qualifications
JD and current valid license in any US state. Newly licensed, or 1-2 years of experience with all phases of major employment- based visa types required, position is in Chicago
Passion for immigration law and a desire to work with employers on employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant petitions
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; English grammar must be excellent
Highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume law firm setting
Ability to work on daily tasks independently, proactively, and with minimal supervision
Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe, and other business software applications
Ability to travel as needed once GIA begins lawyer travel again (up to 25%) to client sites across the U.S.
Requires the ability to sit or stand for extended periods at a computer workstation, use a computer and monitor, and lift up to 25 lbs.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs