This job post is no longer available
Court Reporter at New York Post
New York Post
$31.000 - $125.000
27 Apr → 27 May
The New York Post provides readers with the best in News, Sports, Pop Culture and Entertainment like only the Post can – with wit, irreverence and authority averaging 90m unique viewers a month. Over the past 220 years, The Post has evolved into a multi-platform media company spanning print, digital, video, audio, app, television and commerce.
The New York Post is seeking a full-time Court Reporter who can thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The shift for this role will be
The Court Reporter will take the lead on major news stories, no matter the topic, and ensure The Post has the crucial elements covered while working to break our own lines.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- At least three years of legal experience in a major, breaking news operation
- Institutional knowledge of the criminal justice system, preferably in New York
- Strong news-gathering skills and be able to quickly write clear, concise, accurate copy
- Regularly work out of their courthouse and monitor dockets
- Able to develop sources and cultivate contacts
- A self-starter, break exclusive stories on a competitive beat that go beyond the basic court story
- Cut through the legalese and tell the most compelling stories
- Working knowledge of SEO and social-media best practices
Note: This position will adhere to a hybrid work model.
Salary Range: $31,200 – $125,000
At The New York Post we recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, our ranges reflect our good faith estimate to pay fairly as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate’s experience, industry knowledge, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
In addition to compensation, the company provides eligible employees a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including “elective” benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.