This job post is no longer available
Corporate Counsel at TBS Factoring Service
TBS Factoring Service
$82.000 - $131.000
27 Apr → 27 May
The Corporate Counsel is responsible for being the front line of TBS Factoring Service, LLC and its related entities legal affairs. This position aids in ensuring that the company is represented in disputes that arise, negotiations of all kinds and litigation. Corporate Counsel will also directly oversee and maintain all company contracts and VMS.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Review and approve written document templates and published material for each department, schedule periodic department audits.
- Develop a system for maintaining all company contracts, review all contracts prior to execution and track pertinent deadlines.
- Draft various agreements.
- Negotiation of vendor agreements at inception and upon renewal.
- Reply to legal inquires including subpoenas.
- Assist and collaborate with outside legal counsel in litigation matters and monitor billing of outside counsel.
- Provide legal opinions and risk memorandum as needed.
- Oversee periodic reviews of all public facing materials, work with marketing to ensure prompt legal approval.
- Vigorous advocate for TBS.
- Maintain accurate corporate documentation of entities and their management.
- Maintain compliance with local, state and federal law.
Personal Attributes & Requirements:
- Organized, ability to multitask and advanced negotiation skills.
- Discrete and ethical in every situation.
- Dependability in terms of attendance and exceptional work products.
- Flexible, highly self-motivated, and works well under pressure.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years of legal experience as a licensed attorney.
- Transactional, factoring, and/or payment resolutions experience in a firm or in-house highly preferred.
- Strong background in contracts.