This job post is no longer available
General Corporate Counsel at CMG Financial
San Ramon, CA, USA
03 Aug → 02 Sep
Key member of the company’s executive management team. Manages and oversees the Legal Department at CMG Financial. Provides Legal and Licensing/State examination support to all business staff and corporate operations. Provides interpretation and direction on compliance issues, contracts, and represents and coordinates the legal affairs of company. Reviews and negotiates contracts and responds to a wide variety of requests for legal assistance from various company departments and staff.
PHYSICAL and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Standard office environment, equipment and tasks, including work at a computer terminal. This position requires partial sitting and walking throughout the day. Travel at 25% of time is expected.
- Provides expert legal counsel on a full range of legal issues with particular emphasis on mortgage banking related legislation; ensures compliance with federal, state and local law
- Manages relationships between the company and appropriate regulatory entities.
- Ensures compliance with legal, contractual, and risk management policies to minimize and limit corporate liability, manage risk, and optimize value of contracts; reviews contracts, agreements and forms to ensure legal compliance and protection of company position.
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates all company contracts including but not limited to license and distribution agreements; development, consulting, and related contracts; non-disclosure agreement
- Seeks to maximize the company’s revenue while minimizing the legal and business risk associated with that revenue; recommends alternative actions as required to conform to corporate policies and strategies.
- Obtains and oversees the work of outside legal counsel; represents the company, as required, to other attorneys, in court and other legal and paralegal forums, not handled by outside counsel.
- Performs periodic administrative audits including but not limited to corporate documents review, contracts, intellectual property, and insurance and guarantee.
- Possesses and maintains thorough, current knowledge of federal, state, and local law Coordinates responses to subpoenas.
Requirements / Qualifications
Must have a Juris Doctor (JD) or equivalent law degree from an accredited institution and be licensed to practice law in the State of California.
Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience or equivalent; real estate law experience preferred.
Demonstrated ability to plan and organize multiple projects and deadline
Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
Proficient in Microsoft suite of product; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities
Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams, committees and with all levels of management.
Commitment to excellence and high standards, with acute attention to detail.
High level of integrity and confidentiality required.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.