Court Reporter at Cumberland County, PA
Cumberland County, PA
Carlisle, PA 17013, USA
21 Jul → 20 Aug
To take and transcribe stenographic records of all court proceedings and to prepare court orders and other related proceedings with a high degree of accuracy.
- Takes and transcribes verbatim all court proceedings at trials and hearings.
- Prepares court orders, sentencings and other documents ordered by lawyers and judges and transcribes official court proceedings upon request.
- Marks, retains and controls all evidence introduced in court.
- Maintains orders, documents and correspondence from all court proceedings.
- Answers phones and directs callers to proper individual or department.
- Prepares transcripts and uses database for tracking transcript requests and stages of process.
- Operates computer and other stenographic and office equipment.
- Coordinates schedules to ensure all court proceedings are equipped with stenographer.
- Prepares lists of exhibits for Court Administrator1. and Clerk of Court and also lists of exhibits entered during criminal hearings for Clerk of Courts.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Requirements / Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent.
2-year degree in court reporting training and certification.
Must be proficient working with computers.
2-4 years experience in legal environment.
Must possess ability to accurately transcribe recordings and proceedings within the required time frame.
Must possess knowledge of the form and content of legal documents and also legal terminology.
Must possess knowledge of courtroom procedures, rules of evidence and methods of court reporting.
Must possess excellent skills in typing, shorthand, steno machines and computers, and ability to transcribe with speed and accuracy.
Benefits/What We offer
Capital Blue Dental Insurance
Capital Blue Medical Insurance
Capital Blue Vision Insurance
County Retirement Pension (5% minimum contribution required)
12 Paid County Holidays
Paid Vacation, Sick, & Personal Leave
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.