Court Reporter at Centre County, Pennsylvania
Centre County, Pennsylvania
Bellefonte, PA 16823, USA
21 Jul → 20 Aug
- Takes and transcribes verbatim all court proceedings at trials and hearings.
- Prepares court orders, sentencings, and other documents ordered by lawyers and judges and transcribes official court proceedings upon request.
- Marks, retains, and controls all evidence introduced in court.
- Maintains orders, documents, and correspondence from all court proceedings.
- Answers phones and directs callers to proper individual or department.
- Prepares, copies, binds, bills, and sends transcripts.
- Operates computer and other stenographic and office equipment.
- Maintains current listing of transcripts for Judges.
- Files original court orders and transcripts in the Prothonotary's office for recording and permanent retention.
- Attends preliminary hearings upon request.
- Orders office supplies as required.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Requirements / Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent; plus two (2) year degree in court reporting training and certification.
Computer skills required.
Two to four (2-4) years' experience in legal environment.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.