Corporate Counsel (M&A and Investments) at Square
San Francisco, CA, USA
19 Jul → 18 Aug
Square is looking for corporate counsel to join our M&A legal team and support our corporate development efforts. You will help support our M&A, investment and other corporate development activities, including the due diligence process, negotiation of term sheets and definitive transaction agreements and M&A playbooks and related support projects. As corporate counsel, you will also help support Square’s antitrust compliance efforts and other general corporate matters. As we expand our product and service offerings, your ideas and contributions will affect Square’s overall strategy. A creative legal mind and a sense of adventure are qualities we are looking for. You will report into the Corporate Counsel, M&A Lead.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
- Help with mergers and acquisitions, investments and other strategic transactions in all stages, from performing due diligence, drafting and negotiating term sheets and definitive transaction documentation, and supporting closing transactions and post-closing integration
- Draft and help prepare M&A related board and committee meeting materials
- Work on antitrust compliance issues including HSR filings and governmental responses
- Help with other special corporate projects
- Work with our internal business and compliance teams, and with external advisors and experts
- Manage projects with a team-oriented approach
Requirements / Qualifications
10+ years of relevant corporate experience at a major law firm
A combination of both in-house and law firm practice experience is preferred, primarily in M&A and venture capital or investment transactions
Excellent negotiation and drafting skills
Ability to be the primary in-house attorney on certain corporate projects, including handling multiple simultaneous transactions or projects
Membership in at least one state bar (preferably California)
Benefits/What We offer
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Paid parental leave
Paid time off
Learning and Development resources
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.