This job post is no longer available
Corporate Counsel, Real Estate at Amazon
Seattle, WA, USA
14 Jul → 13 Aug
Work hard, have fun, make history. That's what we do every day at Amazon. Would you like the opportunity to work on projects that impact all of our unique and cutting-edge lines of business? Do you enjoy interfacing with teams around the globe? As Corporate Counsel, Real Estate, you will work with Amazon’s existing real estate attorneys to support Amazon’s NA Operations and Fulfillment teams and partner with them to lease, launch and manage Amazon's NA Operations and Fulfillment facilities.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.
- This position structures, drafts and negotiates agreements, manages outside counsel, and counsels internal business clients
- Sourcing operations, fulfillment and transportation facilities, including acquisitions, leasing agreements (both existing facilities and build-to-suits), and land use and zoning issues
- Property management agreements
- Construction agreements
- Procurement contracts
- Other commercial transactions, ranging from standard contracts to complex, high-dollar-value transactions
- The role also provides day-to-day business and real estate law counseling; identifies opportunities for and implements process improvements; administers and resolves legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships; and handles pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Requirements / Qualifications
J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active membership in one state bar is required
5+ years of legal experience (with at least three years at a law firm) as a real estate attorney
In-house experience in a technology or Internet company or real estate company
Experience managing complex real estate transactions, including international real estate transactions
Practical legal and business judgment and ability to make recommendations to senior business leaders
The ability to work autonomously, and as part of a global legal team where required
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.