This job post is no longer available
Court Reporter at Dallas County
133 N Riverfront Blvd, Dallas, TX 75207, USA
13 Jul → 12 Aug
- Attends all sessions of the court as required.
- Takes full shorthand notes of oral testimony offered before the court, including objections made to the admissibility of evidence, court rulings and remarks on the objections, exceptions to the rulings, examinations, judicial opinions, Judge's charge to jury, closing arguments, or other proceedings by machine shorthand, by taking shorthand notes, or by reporting into a steno mask.
- Reads portions of transcript during trial as directed, and requests speakers to clarify inaudible statements.
- Preserves notes for future reference maintains appropriate files; and furnishes a transcript of the reported evidence or other proceedings in whole or in part as requested.
- May conduct the deposition of witnesses, receive, execute and return commissions, and make a certificate of the proceedings in any county that is included in the Judicial District or that court only as directed.
- Reports the oral testimony given in any contested probate matter as directed.
- Records proceedings of other hearings and formal and informal meetings as directed.
- Operates general office and specialized stenographic equipment (i.e. stenotype machine, computer aided transcription), and may provide light typing and clerical support as needed.
- Gathers, indexes, binds and files court exhibits introduced during court proceedings.
- May order and maintain adequate office supplies. Receives correspondence and distributes to the appropriate personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
Graduation from an accredited high school/GED Program and from an accredited court reporting school.
Certified court reporter by the Texas State Supreme Court.
Knowledgeable of applicable Texas Codes and the Texas Rules of Appellate Procedure.
Skilled in the use of standard software applications.
Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, departments and the general public.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.