Director Athletics Compliance at Arizona State University
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ, USA
12 Jul → 11 Aug
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Director of Athletics Compliance, the Director is responsible for providing a high level of professional service by advising and educating Arizona State University, Sun Devil Athletics (SDA), and other athletics stakeholders on a broad range of compliance matters, along with participating in institutional efforts to detect and deter violations of NCAA, Pac-12 Conference, and University rules and regulations. The Director assists in managing the development and implementation of the Compliance Office’s and SDA’s efforts to create new or modify existing departmental policies and processes, including all compliance monitoring systems. The Director is responsible for assisting the Senior Director with the management of the day-to-day operations of the SDA Compliance Office, supervising select Compliance Office personnel, and serving as a liaison to various University departments as well as the Pac-12 Conference and NCAA national office. The Director also assists with the Compliance Office’s education program. The Director ensures that office goals and objectives are met with strict adherence to NCAA, Pac-12 Conference, and Arizona State University rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures of SDA and the Arizona Board of Regents.
The Office of Athletics Compliance reports to the President, through the Senior Vice President and General Counsel. This position reports to the Executive Director of Athletics Compliance through a Director of Athletics Compliance. The Athletics Compliance Office is located in the Carson Student-Athlete Center on the Tempe campus.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
To be considered, your application must include the following:
- Cover letter
- Three (3) professional references (personal references are not accepted)
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resumes should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meet the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
- Directly supervises select members of the compliance staff and assists in the management of the day-to-day operations of the staff with a specific emphasis on policy and process creation and implementation in coordination with the Senior Director.
- Serves as primary contact for men’s basketball including away-from-home monitoring responsibilities.
- Works in connection with the Senior Director, assists with the planning, leading, and delegation of work assignments and evaluates work/performance to ensure achievement of established goals and objectives.
- Participates in and helps manage the review and analysis of existing athletics and interdepartmental policies and processes and directs efforts to modify those and create new polices and processes as needed.
- Oversees and participates in the implementation and maintenance of all compliance and other related policies and processes that are managed by SDA’s Compliance Office.
- As directed by the Senior Director, assists in the development of comprehensive training and rules education programs for SDA and University staff, students-athletes, coaches, boosters, members of the public, and other athletics stakeholders; assist the Senior Director in evaluating the effectiveness of the ongoing training and rules education programs.
- Participates in the Compliance Offices rules interpretation process.
- Participates in the drafting and submission of NCAA and Pac-12 waivers and other submissions.
- Participates on the onsite monitoring of various sport program practice, competition, and other activities.
- Monitors the rosters of SDAs sport programs. Prepares NCAA and Pac-12 Reports.
- At the direction of or in collaboration with the Senior Director, investigates potential violations of NCAA and Pac-12 legislation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Director.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing professional networks.
Requirements / Qualifications
Evidence of a Master’s degree or J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
Ten (10) years of athletics compliance experience at the college/university level
Three (3) years of experience at a college/university or conference with FBS football
Three (3) years of supervisory experience
Experience with electronic compliance software
Demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently provide legislative interpretations relating to complex fact patterns
Ability to communicate effectively at a high professional level both verbally and in writing.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.