Data Analyst at New York District Attorney's Office
New York District Attorney's Office
New York, NY, USA
12 Jul → 11 Aug
The New York County District Attorney's Office has an immediate opening for a Data Analyst in the Strategic Planning and Policy Unit. Strategic Planning and Policy functions as the internal management consulting arm of the Office, overseeing data analysis, grants management, policy analysis, and management of the Criminal Justice Investment Initiative, a $250 million investment in crime prevention and criminal justice system reform projects. In this position, the Data Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Unit with the aggregation, reporting, and analysis of the Office's datasets. This position requires a combination of analytical and interpersonal skills, as the ideal candidate will have the ability to both perform rigorous analyses and deliver these results to a non-technical audience. The selected candidate may also play a role in supporting the management of the Office's federal and local grants.
- Create analytic reports and dashboards that demonstrate the Office's performance and outcomes for managerial staff using the internal business intelligence platform.
- Respond to internal and external requests for aggregated data and statistics by querying the Office's internal datasets in SQL Server.
- Analyze data to inform policy projects such as the development of new prosecutorial strategies, diversion programs, or other Office practices.
- Collaborate with IT on infrastructure, tools, and policies.
- Tread new ground in terms of analytical tools, methods, and techniques, including identifying new use cases, piloting concepts, and implementing methods for using data to achieve office goals.
- Collect and analyze data to help manage the operation of the Office's criminal justice reform projects such as pre-arraignment diversion, alternatives to incarceration, and other recidivism-reduction efforts.
- Partner with outside agencies or entities such as research institutions or universities on data-driven projects.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor's degree required.
Experience working with complex datasets in a professional or academic setting.
Experience with a statistical software such as R or SAS, Python, or GIS in a professional or academic setting.
Interest in public policy and a desire to tackle complex issues, including public safety, justice, and equity.
Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills.
Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Experience working in teams and collaborating on projects.
Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills required.
Must be extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly-organized, resourceful, and reliable.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.