Medical Malpractice Litigation Paralegal at Wilson Elser
White Plains, NY, USA
07 Jul → 06 Aug
Wilson Elser's White Plains office is seeking a Medical Malpractice Litigation Paralegal to support our exceptional team with an active and expanding practice.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, independent, and self-starting recent college graduate or legal professional looking to advance his or her career while working in a rewarding and team oriented environment.
- Pulling case law cited in briefs
- Conducting legal research using Westlaw / LexisNexis
- Assembling motions and other pleadings (including assembling of exhibits, transcripts and other pertinent documents)
- Drafting standard pleadings (answers, RJIs, bills of particulars, etc)
- Drafting and responding to standard discovery demands (interrogatories, requests to produce documents, etc)
- Assist with medical record retrieval and document management.
Requirements / Qualifications
Must have a Bachelor's degree; paralegal certificate preferred
1 - 3 years general litigation experience, with both State and Federal courts preferred
Experience with Medical Malpractice defense strongly preferred
Experience with Nursing Home cases is a plus
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to integrate into a fast-paced environment
Benefits/What We offer
Generous PTO plan
Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Corporate Discount Plans