This job post is no longer available
Marketing Paralegal at Facebook
Facebook seeks an experienced and highly motivated team player to join as a Marketing and IP Paralegal. The position will work with stakeholders across the company to support multifaceted marketing and promotions initiatives for Facebook and its Augmented/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) teams and conduct marketing legal review of related collateral. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on interesting issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review marketing, sales, consumer electronics packaging, and promotional materials for advertising, intellectual property, and company policy compliance for our U.S, European and Asian markets.
- Assess advertising claims substantiation, prepare disclosures, disclaimers, and support sweepstakes, contest, and promotional offers.
- Experience clearing creative content for copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity, and privacy, and reviewing and negotiating related license agreements.
- Support the naming clearance process by assisting in trademark clearances.
- Experience with marketing in regulated channels and industries, privacy, and consumer protection requirements.
- Provide concise, contextually nuanced, and actionable feedback and collaborate with stakeholders across the company where needed or based on guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge resources, develop marketing best practices, process improvements, and conduct related compliance trainings.
- Apply project management techniques and tools to plan and lead small and large-scale undertakings.
Requirements / Qualifications
5+ consecutive years of experience performing legal review of marketing and promotional initiatives
Knowledge of intellectual property rights and clearance, consumer electronics packaging, and consumer protection laws and regulations applicable to marketing, advertising claims, and privacy across regulated industries and marketing channels (online, broadcast, retail, phone, influencer, social media, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree, Paralegal Studies degree and/or certificate
Comfortable with software tools and experience with Microsoft office suite, interest in basic HTML and light web page maintenance