This job post is no longer available
Patent Attorney at Regeneron
New York, NY, USA
01 Jul → 31 Jul
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking a Patent Attorney to assist in the development, protection, and management of Regeneron’s valuable intellectual property pertaining to platform technologies, in particular viral vector technologies and T cell-related technologies.
This position will be highly integrated and develop close client relationships with the relevant scientific and business groups and coordinate patent filings, administrative patent actions and perform necessary due diligences.
The Patent Attorney will also advise on emerging legal issues, including monitoring and reviewing case law and legislative developments, and is expected to contribute to administrative and legal projects intended to develop an IP Department displaying the highest legal and ethical standards.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
- Identifying and capturing new inventions relating to platform technologies, in particular viral vector related technologies and T cell related technologies;•
- Preparing and prosecuting global patent applications relating to all aspects of viral vector related technologies and T cell related technologies;
- Managing outside counsel on various projects as appropriate;
- Conducting patent landscape overviews, freedom-to-operate analyses, validity assessments and patentability assessments in relation to emerging technologies and communicating the results and analyses to senior members of the Law Department and other company senior management personnel.
- Managing US and foreign administrative patent actions (e.g., oppositions, third party observations, inter partes reviews, etc.); and supporting due diligence projects, agreements and transactional work, administrative initiatives, and policy questions.
Requirements / Qualifications
Must possess a Ph.D. in the life sciences (e.g., molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related disciplines) is required, Ph.D. in virology or immunology is preferred.
Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school. Admitted to practice before the USPTO and licensed to practice law in at least one state (member of the NY bar or eligible for in-house licensure in NY);
3-5 years of experience in a law firm setting (with or without corporate law department experience) preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the biological arts.
Enjoying working independently, but also as part of a team.
Can coordinate with outside counsel and internal partners to move matters forward on deadlines.
Can provide thoughtful legal advice to colleagues and partners on an array of issues that can vary day-by-day, and hour-by-hour.
Have exceptional oral and written communication skills and can provide independent judgment and an objective perspective.
Work effectively with colleagues and clients in a collaborative environment.
Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and a large and complex docket with minimal supervision.
Exceptional communication skills, including presentation, interpersonal, writing and conflict resolution.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.