This job post is no longer available
New Business Intake Specialist at Latham & Watkins LLP
Latham & Watkins LLP
$70.000 - $80.000
27 Apr → 27 May
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a New Business Intake Specialist to join our dynamic team in New York, Boston, Chicago, Houston and Washington, D.C. Please note that this role may be eligible for a flexible working schedule that allows for a hybrid and in-office presence.
About Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins is a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation, and collaboration.
About the role
As a New Business Intake Specialist, you will be responsible for carrying out one or more major functions of the Office of the General Counsel (OGC), such as new business intake workflow, matter opening, and/or quality control of the associated processes. Other key responsibilities include:
- Inputting data into the conflicts, financial, and records databases; directing and reviewing the work of Business Intake Assistants opening matters in the conflicts and financial systems in conflicts reporting, new business intake, and other OGC Department functions
- Completing the assignment of client/matter numbers for the firm
- Coordinating the review of corporate tree relationships for clients of the firm; adding or modifying client records to reflect the current parent/subsidiary relationships
- Coordinating, inputting, and maintaining attorney origination and proliferation credits
- Coordinating review of missing intake approvals; liaising with intake approvers and requesting attorneys to address issues or concerns with intake requests
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Exhibits an advanced ability to perceive and analyze problems and develop alternative strategies to solve them
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and implement consistent procedures and manifest an attention to detail in all work activities
- Possess well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with attorneys, management, support staff and outside contacts
- Bachelor’s degree required; a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience at Latham & Watkins or equivalent experience at an international law firm
- Prior work experience coordinating staff and projects
- Experience with Intapp software products and/or 3E software
Compensation & Benefits
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also receive a generous and competitive total compensation package. The salary range for this role is $70,000- $80,000 and represents the firm’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, and location. Discretionary bonuses may be awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance — and profit-sharing partnership contributions to 401(k) accounts may be given based on firm performance.
Latham's comprehensive and best-in-class benefits support employees through every stage of life:
- Healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Well-being programs (e.g. mental health services, mindfulness and resiliency, medical resources, well-being events, and more)
- Generous 401(k) plan and firm-paid basic life and disability insurance
- Extensive resources for parents and caregivers
- Family building and fertility resources
- And much more!
In addition, employees receive:
- At least 11 paid holidays per year and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure
- Ongoing professional development and career support, including bespoke training and leadership development programs, firm-paid access to LinkedIn Learning courses, and career coaching.
- Peer networking, mentoring, and professional support through our eight global staff affinity groups.
Additionally, we have a range of diversity programming including Global Affinity Groups. These groups provide a firmwide platform to share experiences and advice as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm even better.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, pro bono work and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms. Our lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff worldwide comprise a rich mixture of different races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, cultures, and primary languages. Our diversity makes us who we are.
Please click here to review your rights under U.S. employment laws. #LI-JN1 #LI-Hybrid