This job post is no longer available
Counsel – Hulu Marketing at Hulu
Santa Monica, CA, USA
29 Jun → 29 Jul
Hulu is looking for a transactions attorney with marketing and advertising experience, including in the digital media space, to support our fast-paced and innovative Marketing teams.
If you are someone who enjoys working at a fast-paced technology and media company on a variety of projects for different stakeholders, then this is a great role for you.
- The right person for this role will have strong transactional skills and attention to detail, pragmatic problem-solving approaches and an understanding of the latest developments in digital advertising and best practices for marketers.
- This position will involve supporting our marketing team on a variety of commercial contracts (including vendor agreements, event agreements, master services agreements, font/image licenses) and marketing campaigns (including vetting marketing materials and copy in traditional and digital media, talent engagement, influencer promotions, UGC campaigns, and sweepstakes/contests).
- You will work with and counsel Hulu’s marketing teams on a variety of agreements and marketing efforts, with a focus on supporting the subscriber acquisition (media), partnerships marketing, engagement and retention, research and analytics, brand, PR and events and social media teams.
- You will also draft and negotiate agreements with publishers, social media networks, streaming TV device platforms and marketing partners for media buys or work with Hulu’s agency partners to do so, and review related creative. Media buys may include custom content, experiential activations, native advertising, sponsorships, and new forms of advertising (e.g., AR filters).
- In addition, you may be asked to help draft and negotiate agreements with research, survey and other vendors who provide marketing solutions (including for measurement, data matching and analytics), technology and software as a service (SAAS) providers and affiliate networks. Expertise in marketing technology, affiliate marketing, IAB terms for digital advertising and data privacy issues is not required, but a sincere interest in learning and a team-player attitude is necessary.
- Keeping up to speed on the latest developments in internet advertising laws, rules and self-regulatory principles applicable to an internet and media company, including advertising and consumer protection laws, is an important component of the job.
Requirements / Qualifications
Minimum of 3 years’ experience practicing intellectual property, corporate or transactional law at a law firm or in-house legal department
Minimum of 1 year of experience working in the intellectual property, marketing and digital advertising, or data privacy spaces
Familiarity with intellectual property, licensing and clearance and SAG-AFTRA and other guild issues
Understanding of relevant federal and state consumer protection laws and regulations
Proactive and solutions-oriented with ability to work in a fast-paced environment and assess legal risk vis-à-vis business objectives
JD or equivalent
Strong academic credentials
Admission to California State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel.