Immigration Senior Legal Assistant at Law Office of Amira Al Alami, Inc.
Law Office of Amira Al Alami, Inc.
19 Sep → 19 Oct
Immigration Senior Legal Assistant
- Must be fluent in Spanish;
- Must live in Los Angeles County;
- Preferred (3) years experience, but minimum of 2 years required;
- Experience supervisory position;
- Must be ready to hit the floor running;
- College degree required;
- Must be detail-oriented and organized;
- Must be able to understand and explain immigration concepts and present strategic solutions to attorneys;
- Manage a large caseload, effectively prioritizing deadlines;
- Prepare diverse immigration applications, including family-based immigration petitions, with a focus on consular process/waivers applications;
- Review immigration work and make any necessary adjustments;
- Meet with clients for preparation of cases;
- Prepare and submit legal briefs/motions/appeals;
- Assist and support attorneys in handling cases;
- Attend continuing legal education (CLE) classes;
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) background check and obtain a suitable determination;
- Interact with outside entities (e.g. government agencies, other law firms) to gather information or coordinate appearances as needed; and
- Liaise with attorneys and staff as needed to ensure legal services meet or exceed expectations.
Benefits/What We offer
Salary commensurate with experience
Full benefits (medical, 401(k))
On-site monthly training with attorneys and staff
Opportunities to serve the community via community outreach events
Opportunities for growth in our office.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs