Paralegal, Bankruptcy at Resurgent Capital Services
Resurgent Capital Services
Greenville, SC, USA
$40.000 - $50.000
16 Sep → 16 Oct
Work hard. Play hard. Breathe Easy. That’s a nutshell description of the professionals who thrive at Resurgent. Regardless of their position, our people are ambitious and entrepreneurial, attracted to the fresh point-of-view of an evolving, growing company. They are personable and patient, attracted to the collaborative nature of our company. And they are centered, understanding the balance needed to achieve success at work and harmony at home.
The Bankruptcy Paralegal assists the Bankruptcy department with all compliance, regulatory, administrative and litigation matters.
We would be honored if you applied to join our team! We are an equal opportunity employer offering challenging career opportunities, competitive compensation, and a fun work environment.
- Perform legal research using Pacer, the internet and other law-related databases as required on bankruptcy, foreclosure, federal and state laws/regulations, and any other matters as requested.
- Manage all Wisconsin 128 accounts to include, but not limited to, cooperation with the trustee to fulfill any obligations required of Resurgent.
- Review and advise on all requests related to Plan Objections, Adversarial Actions, Motions for Relief and/or Claim Objections.
- Forward any training issues to the BK Manager for development and coaching with team members.
- Accept special tasks as necessary and assume responsibility for successfully achieving objectives.
- Assist any department in Secured Bankruptcy as set forth by management.
- Act as a liaison for Corporate Legal and Compliance. Assist them in understanding accounts with legal issues (that reside on either ILS/DMS or SLS/BKS).
- Track litigation for upcoming response dates so that deadlines are met.
- Assist in drafting discovery responses while working closely with local counsel and/or Corporate Legal.
- Keep a detailed tracking sheet of local counsel used in each state.
- Set follow-up dates based on deadlines, milestones, and specific requests. Work from a follow-up report each day to ensure no steps are missed on any objection.
- Additional responsibilities will include a portion of the following tasks: Unsecured Bankruptcy research; Secured Bankruptcy research; Bankruptcy matching; Title Releases; Processing incoming Claim Objections; Processing Transfers of Claim; Researching accounts for Verification of Bankruptcy; Processing paperwork in the Scanned Document Queue; Responding to questions from other departments regarding Bankruptcy; Reviewing discharged accounts for lien survival or release; coding bankrupt accounts for various client accounts; processing Reaffirmation Agreements; processing Secured Bankruptcy notifications; Processing Secured Proofs of Claim; and sending out Legal Referrals on secured accounts.
- Collaborate with other departments around core processes (i.e. chain review)
- Research accounts and portfolios for the complete assignment chain from original or charge off creditor to current owner.
- Develop and maintain current and historical subject matter expertise on chain of ownership for all purchases and sales.
- Monitor Fresh Deals Queue and approve all documentation for new purchases within CTQ.
- Review inbox requests within CTQ and provide ownership documents when available.
- Interact with Deal Management to resolve assignment and other documentation issues.
- Research incomplete chain of assignments to resolve the missing links and complete the chain.
- Provide support to external and internal sources regarding questions about our assignment process.
- Develop and maintain power user expertise for SOD system, providing input into application advancement, project prioritization, and participating in UAT on application releases.
Requirements / Qualifications
2-4 years of experience with bankruptcy, foreclosure, and/or litigation. Experience with Pacer preferred but not required.
Must have strong analytic skills; strong organizational skills with attention to detail; strong communication; strong computer skills and strong research skills.
Must be effective in multitasking and be goal oriented.
Must be able to work on a team or independently with minimal supervision.
Bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies from an accredited college or university and/or certification as a paralegal preferred.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs