Law Clerk I at Amentum
Washington, DC, USA
$66.000 - $88.000
08 Sep → 08 Oct
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The United States Marshals Service (USMS) Office of General Counsel (OGC) requests three (3) Law Clerks I.
- Familiarity with legal and court documents
- Demonstrate competency in common software programs, such as the Microsoft Suite, search engines, and legal research databases
- Electronically request reports from the USMS and then collect information from those reports to populate data into OGC databases.
- Process Touhys and tort claims into the shared network.
- Redact privileged, confidential, and law enforcement sensitive information within a document.
- Prepare responses to discovery and requests for information, draft legal documents, such as a claims analysis, requests for representation, litigation reports, motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc. reviewing documents for relevancy and any applicable privileges; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation
- Compile and organize relevant documents for use by attorneys in preparation for discovery, hearing, trials, and their evaluation of litigation.
Requirements / Qualifications
Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance. Law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources. Preferred: Experience with Document Review tools, preferably Relativity
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs