Assistant General Counsel at Dow Jones
New York, NY, USA
$140.000 - $190.000
08 Sep → 08 Oct
Dow Jones is seeking a litigation attorney with five to ten years of experience representing media companies on defamation, copyright, privacy, court access & freedom of information, and other matters. This attorney will be expected to provide practical legal advice and support in a collegial, fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will have excellent academic and professional credentials, strong interpersonal skills, a superior work ethic, fastidious attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and a dedication to ethics and professional responsibility.
- Reviewing articles, videos, podcasts and other materials for legal concerns prior to publication
- Advising and training journalists, and investigating complaints
- Assisting with oversight of Dow Jones’s general litigation portfolio, in the U.S. and abroad
- Helping to negotiate freelance contributor agreements
- Responding to subpoenas
- Working on intellectual property and advertising issues
Requirements / Qualifications
J.D. from a reputable law school.
License to practice law in New York or the ability to obtain an in house limited license.
Five to ten years of experience handling media law matters
Benefits/What We offer
Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
Paid Time Off
Comprehensive Insurance Plans
Family Care Benefits
Commuter Transit Program
Employee Referral Program
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs