Legal and Compliance Paralegal at Bryan Health
Lincoln, NE, USA
07 Sep → 07 Oct
Responsible for supporting the Bryan Health Legal and Compliance department in negotiating, editing, redlining, researching and finalizing vendor contracts and supporting the contract management software. Creates, maintains and updates Bryan-specific verbiage to be applied to all contracts, to minimize risk to Bryan Health. Involved in negotiations to explain the impact of contractual edits. The first to review and edit the proposed contracts and correspondence and works in tandem with Legal and Compliance to help them understand if their requirements are addressed in the document, or what edits are required and drives for consistency across agreements in key areas.
- 1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values
- 2. *Responds to contract questions and requests for revision of contract language.
- 3. Negotiates contracts with external Bryan Health vendors, partners as well as internal Bryan Health entities.
- 4. *Conducts research related to legal and regulatory compliance, federal and state law compliance, and other areas pertinent to contract review.
- 5. Shares knowledge of healthcare laws and other legal matters that affect Bryan Health, including state and federal patient privacy laws (e.g., HIPAA), fraud and abuse, anti-kickback, physician self-referral (Stark), employment law, EMTALA, ADA and other anti-discrimination laws, clinical research, and state non-profit and IRS tax-exemption requirements.
- 6. Serves as a resource to members of the Bryan Health leadership team, Risk Management and other System personnel concerning legal and compliance matters.
- 7. *Drafts legal correspondence and memoranda; negotiates, drafts and reviews operational and transactional legal documents related to equipment purchases and leases and other agreements and documents necessary to support the operations of Bryan Legal and Compliance.
- 8. *Manages the administration of legal documents moving through the legal process.
- 9. *Monitors agreements for internal approvals and contacts approvers to ensure all documents are moving as quickly as possible.
- 10. *Manages the documents for any revisions by internal approvers and communicate as needed, driving to approved clean documents.
- 11. *Manages review of the documents, working with impacted parties on any redline documents.
- 12. *Analyzes contract drafts; works with impacted areas on changes to improve content for clarity or readability, and resolve any related problems.
- 13. Increases and maintains current knowledge of the healthcare industry and the organization’s business.
- 14. *Coordinates multiple services and functions among staff in in order to finalize contracts.
- 15. Utilizes leadership and teamwork skills to freely gain support and cooperation from coworkers throughout the organization and external vendors.
- 16. Recognizes, respects and incorporates the diverse ideas, perspectives and values of team members to meet organizational and project objectives.
- 17. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- 18. *Participates in meetings, committees and department projects as assigned.
- 19. *Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
- (Essential Job functions are marked with an asterisk “*”. )
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience required. Paralegal education and/or certification required.
Minimum of three (3) of experience with healthcare related legal experience required preferably gained in a healthcare system corporate setting.
Experience in collaborating with multiple departments and all levels of management required.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs