This job post is no longer available
In-House Counsel at Carson Group Holdings, LLC
Carson Group Holdings, LLC
Omaha, NE, USA
$65.000 - $83.000
30 Aug → 29 Sep
In an increasingly complex world where people are starving for someone they can trust, we stand for something simple: always put the client first. We do well by doing good for those we serve. It’s the ultimate measure. We believe in providing value beyond a doubt and in the notion that time will either expose you or promote you, based on your willingness to embrace change.
We serve financial advisors and investors through three entities, each headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska: Carson Wealth, Carson Coaching and Carson Partners. We provide coaching and partnership services to advisor firms – and straightforward financial advice to the investing public. We all share a common mission to be the most trusted in financial advice.
Carson Group is seeking to add an experienced attorney to its current team of in-house legal counsel. The position requires the ability to provide practical and wide-ranging advice on legal, regulatory, compliance and governance issues within a fast-paced corporate environment in the financial services industry.
In exchange for your expertise, we offer a base salary, bonus potential, 401(k) plus matching, health benefits, and a great working environment. This is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, innovative, and focused on healthy living. Carson strives to promote the health and wellness of its stakeholders by maintaining a tobacco-free workplace.
- Communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Establish and maintain strong relationships within the company’s legal department and across all business units
- Advise on employment, independent contractor and financial advisor matters
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on contracts and other legal documents
- Monitor and develop policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance and regulatory matters
- Support deliverables to assist the company in achieving its strategic goals and objectives
- Work independently with little or no supervision
- Other legal matters and special projects as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications
Familiarity with the securities industry, the Investment Advisors Act of 1940 and accompanying regulations
Exceptional analytical and critical thinking abilities
Excellent planning, organizational skills, research abilities and attention to detail
A high degree of professional ethics and integrity
Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
License to practice law and admitted to a recognized bar association
4-7 years of in-house or law firm experience required with financial services industry experience preferred
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs