This job post is no longer available
Law Clerk at The Riverstone Group
The Riverstone Group
Manchester, NH, USA
$48.000 - $68.000
29 Aug → 28 Sep
Remote or Hybrid (Manchester, NH)
Purpose and Importance of Position
This position reports to the Director of APO Legal Services and assists APO Legal Services Litigation Attorneys and outside counsel with legal research and writing projects and assignments. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work 10-20 hours per week.
Enrolled and in good standing at an ABA-approved law school
Experience in conducting legal research at a law firm is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree, enrolled and in good standing at an ABA-approved law school
Demonstrates alignment with RiverStone’s Commitments.
Prioritizes and organizes work in self-directed manner.
Attains and maintains knowledge of assigned department.
Performs other duties as required, including supporting and coordinating with other department colleagues.
We empower people to make decisions, in a supportive environment, with accountability for outcomes.
Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
Sizing Up People: Is a good judge of talent; after reasonable exposure, can articulate the strengths and limitations of people inside or outside the organization; can accurately project what people are likely to do across a variety of situations.
Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate( for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
- Assists litigation attorneys with legal research and writing projects and assignments.
- Independently researches legal issues, with focus on insurance coverage.
- Drafts legal documents including memoranda, briefs, etc., with focus on insurance coverage.
- Reports legal research findings to assist Litigation Attorneys and/or outside counsel in providing coverage advice to claims analysts and in managing pending insurance coverage litigation.
- Provides Litigation Attorneys and/or outside counsel with results of legal research and written legal documents to support providing coverage advice and managing pending insurance coverage litigation.
- Assists in creating a body of knowledge around core insurance coverage issues relevant to books managed by RiverStone.
- Consistently delivers superior customer service to both internal and external business partners.
- RiverStone retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as needed, OR other duties or responsibilities may change or be assigned as needed.
Requirements / Qualifications
Substantial familiarity with online research tools including Westlaw and PACER.
Ability to synthesize complex legal issues and present them clearly and concisely.
Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
Familiarity with the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine and other doctrines/privileges that protect attorney and client material from disclosure as well as strategies to ensure protections are in place and maintained.
Excellent professional judgment.
Strong ability to set priorities and work under pressure to meet time deadlines.
Demonstrated self-starter who is detail-oriented, analytical, has strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and is a dedicated member of the team.
Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality and be able to interface effectively with attorneys and other professionals.
Customer service-oriented with the ability to develop long lasting relationships with internal and external business partners.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.