This job post is no longer available
Imaging Information Intake Specialist at University of Rochester
University of Rochester
$34.000 - $46.000
27 Apr → 27 May
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Imaging Sciences-Image Library
The Imaging Information Intake Specialist provides key support to the URM Radiology department. This team facilitates critical triage between other physicians and Radiologists, early identification and reporting of critical findings, as well as facilitates the image ingestion and distribution for outside providers and patients. The team serves as a clinical help desk for level 1 issue resolution for both process and clinical efficiency. The candidate should possess excellent customer service skills and ability to handle multiple incoming and critical situations simultaneously.
Image Transfer and Image Intake Management:
- Fulfill requests from Providers of CD uploads to PACS and nominations on Powershare
- Utilize Powershare for image transfer to Eview/EMR
- Generate order of foreign study in RIS under SMH MRN and unique accession number
- Nominate studies to PACS in Powershare using SMH MRN and accession number
- Validates studies in eView to assure all images were sent and patient demographics are accurate
- Obtain outside studies from other hospitals/Imaging sites when requested from Providers and/or Radiologists utilizing the Powershare application whenever possible
Triaging calls to appropriate section:
- Provide first level Help Desk phone support for large group of UR Physicians in need of a Radiologist to answer questions related to patient care/diagnosis/treatment plan. Triage calls to the appropriate organ-based section on questions provided using critical thinking to assure you are meeting the customer’s needs in a timely fashion.
- Receive and triage phone calls of studies with no dictation in need of an urgent verbal read from all locations and ordering offices.
- Triage calls from Physicians and/or ordering offices with questions. Call offices per request from the Radiologist to reach a provider who has a question regarding ordered exam while they are protocolling requests.
- Receive, resolve, or triage if necessary regional hospitals / Urgent Care Centers inquiries for STAT reads.
Ultra Mobile Imaging/Buffalo Pediatric/Auburn Hospital/Urgent Care Center read requests
- Receive notification from site of image transfer to Powershare in need of STAT read
- Perform patient registration in eRecord (HIS) and eView (RIS)
- Nominate study from Powershare to PACS, entering UR Patient demographics MRN and Accession #
- Monitor exam to meet expected turn-around time for dictation (UltraMobile:2 hours/ Buffalo Pediatric Urgent Care: 30 minutes/ Auburn Hospital: 60 minutes), escalate to appropriate organ-based reading section for read if necessary.
Attorney/Subpoena requests for Digital images:
- Grant requests for digital images from law firm and subpoena requests ensuring all SOP and legal guidelines followed.
- Provide invoice and receive and process payment.
- Burn requested images, validate images and mail out CD
- Scan packet once CD is mailed into Primordial
- Monitor dashboard for critical results and/or significant findings reported by Radiologists:
- Provide first hand response to Radiologists requests to contact Physicians to patch into Radiologist for STAT findings of patients Imaging studies performed at UR Medicine, Strong West, Science Park, Greece sports, Clinton Crossing Orthopedics, All UR Medicine Urgent Care Centers, Auburn, Noyes and FF Thompson.
- Image QC’s entered by Radiologists: communicate to modality section Supervisor. Monitor to assure Supervisor has addressed the QC and closes the job on Primordial to remove from the list.
- Call results for all Hospitals listed above- “Clerical to call results” requests: Contact Physician and interpret results of imaging study of their patient. Triage phone calls to appropriate organ-based section if Physician is in need of speaking to a Radiologist for further evaluation of their patient.
- Close significant finding or clerical to call event on Primordial dashboard once request has been completed.
Addendums to finalized reports:
- Email appropriate Radiologist to inform them of an issue reported and addendum needed from the requesting Physician for Imaging study
Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma required. Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experiences with surgical/appointment scheduling software and electronic medical records preferred. Demonstrated customer relations skills preferred.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.