Court Reporte at City of Houston, TX
City of Houston, TX
$43.784 - $57.803
04 Jun → 04 Jul
The Municipal Courts Department, Judicial Operations Division, has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for you to bring your passion and vibrant resilience to our team of Court Reporters. If you are a self-motivator, then you could be the ideal candidate we are seeking in addition to possessing superior interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. You will serve as the official recorder and records custodian for trials and appeals under the jurisdiction of the Municipal Courts Department.
The position requires sitting for extended periods of time during trial transcription, stooping or bending with transcribing equipment.
ELECTION / SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment test
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION NO
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate’s qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832/393-7222.
- Providing verbatim recordings of court proceedings by means of the stenographer method, manual shorthand, closed microphone recording and/or direct recording at the Court's discretion.
- Transcribing proceedings into written form to provide official records for the court.
- Verbally translates portions of the proceedings before the court, jury and/or attorneys upon request.
- Types court records, correspondence, etc., as designated by the judge.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements / Qualifications
Requires High School Diploma or GED.
No experience is required.
Valid Court Reporters Certification licensed by the Judicial Branch Certification Commission (JBCC) of the State of Texas.
Must maintain updated licensing / certifications from JBCC.