Paralegal - Immigration at Garmin
Our highly-trained and well-versed lawyers handle day-to-day legal issues, ranging from managing and assessing risk to reviewing contracts and SEC documents according to federal rules and regulations to helping handle our worldwide intellectual property portfolio that includes more than 600 patents and 400 trademark registrations. Our staff also handles complaints from customers and work with law enforcement officers among other things.
At Garmin, the foundation of our culture is honesty, integrity, and respect. We are looking for a Paralegal - Immigration that will perform core activities related to Immigration matters under the supervision of Garmin attorneys. The Paralegal – Immigration position will report to the Associate General Counsel – Employment & Regulatory Affairs and work under the direction of the Counsel – Immigration / Employment and other attorneys and paralegals.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
- Assist and support attorney in the preparation and filing of immigration applications, including NIV and IV petitions
- Assist with applications for permanent residency, PERMs, Preference Petitions and Adjustment of Status Applications
- Liaise with relevant government agencies including USCIS, ICE, CBP, US Department of State, and US Department of Labor.
- Analyze, review and organize documents and data from materials produced
- Prepare/coordinate document production and responses to requests for evidence
- Prepare job descriptions.
- Assist attorney with gathering evidence, preparing declarations and supporting documents, preparing evidence and exhibits
- Analyze and review case details to determine future actions.
- Prepare responses to audit requests.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and initiative with regard to case assignments; identify and resolve delays in process.
- Create new files and update client matter reports.
- Prepare outgoing mail and check requests.
- Prepare credential evaluations and translation requests.
- Maintain written communication with FNs regarding their immigration matters; contact associates regarding documents needed
- Send questionnaires and lists of documents requested, sending sample affidavits and employment verification letters
- Maintain FN contact information, job title, salary, and position requirements; create new profiles and deactivate/ close old profiles
- Address client case status inquiries; including processing remaining steps in filing, processing times & consular appointment issues
- Conduct ongoing case tracking and management. Input all USCIS notices and dates into immigration portal docket and prepare tracking reports.
- Calendar visa and EAD expiration dates, interviews, RFE’s, appeal deadlines and submission deadlines.
- Use LawLogix Case Management System
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
Must possess a minimum of 1 year combined law/legal experience as a paralegal or immigration law assistant.
Experience with immigration case management systems to include: LawLogix, INSZoom or related
Ability to assist Garmin associates and family members on immigration matters and complex projects under short deadlines
Strong attention to detail
Communicate effectively in oral and written English
Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment
Flexibility to work overtime as necessary
Ability to handle a demanding workload while producing a consistently high-quality work product
Superior organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and accomplish tasks
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.