Associate Counsel, Marketing at Comcast
Philadelphia, PA, USA
03 Jun → 03 Jul
Counsel, Marketing REPORTS TO: Deputy General Counsel – General Operations Seeking attorney possessing 1-2 years of experience in marketing and advertising particularly in the telecommunications industry.
Major Responsibilities: The Counsel, Marketing will be responsible for providing legal support for marketing, sales and product groups supporting residential and commercial customers, as well as support for the company’s in-house advertising agency. Job includes review of marketing creative and supporting sales channels to ensure compliance with consumer laws including FTC dotcom disclosures, CAN-SPAM and TCPA regulations. Position also entails drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts related to sales and marketing operations such as sponsorships, marketing, talent, and endorsement agreements.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
- Provides legal counsel and support to one or more business units and/or the corporate headquarters. Counsels on a broad range of legal issues related to assigned area(s).
- Provides leadership in one or more legal specialties and disseminates information on trends and innovations within the specialty.
- Engages and directs outside counsel to undertake specific and complex work requiring the application of highly specialized legal knowledge.
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning; assigning, and monitoring; reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc.
- Leads and provides guidance to legal staff including junior Attorneys, Paralegals, Contract Specialists and administrative staff, as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
Law Degree from Top Tier Law School.
In good standing with a state bar.
3-5 years’ experience advising on marketing and advertising issues. Experience in telecommunications, media and technology industries as well as law firm and in-house experience preferred.
Excellent negotiating, drafting, problem solving and communications skills.
Understanding of risk assessment and analysis within the context of a growing, innovative technology industry.
Ability to work effectively with senior management and operations personnel, simultaneously manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
Ability to work build, mentor, and lead an effective and business-oriented team of attorneys and non-attorneys.
How To Apply
Appy through LegalJobs.