Corporate Attorney-Commercial Real Estate at Duke Realty Corp.
Duke Realty Corp.
Indianapolis, IN, USA
$110.000 - $160.000
31 May → 30 Jun
Duke Realty, the largest pure-play, domestic only, logistics REIT in the United States, with best-in-class warehouse/distribution properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Attorney to join our team in the headquarter office in Indianapolis, IN. Candidates must be attracted to a fast- paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. This position will be responsible for providing competent, efficient, prompt and cost-effective legal services to the company, business units, markets and third parties as appropriate.
- Prepares, reviews and negotiates documents for real estate transactions, such as leases, amendments, terminations, subleases, assignments, purchase agreements and closing documents. Provides preliminary advice and assistance in deal analysis.
- Serves as counsel and point of contact to internal clients.
- Directs litigation and monitors use, cost and effectiveness of outside counsel.
- Delegates tasks to paralegals and assistants.
- Enhances effectiveness of legal department through participating in staff meetings, revising forms, training others, sharing expertise and interacting positively with internal and external clients, attorneys and other associates.
Requirements / Qualifications
A minimum of 4 years of practice in a major corporate or law firm setting specializing in commercial real estate law.
J.D. Degree and active license to practice law required.
High degree of technical proficiency in real estate law.
Sound legal and business judgement.
Ability to manage heavy workload in a high-pressure environment.
Possess strong initiative and effective organizational skills.
Ability to establish and maintain rapport with various levels of professionals.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Self-starter with a sense of urgency.
Benefits/What We offer
Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.