Paralegal Specialist, Trademarks and Licensing at Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines
Atlanta, GA, USA
$62.000 - $87.000
31 May → 30 Jun
The Paralegal Specialist Trademarks and Licensing will support the Commercial Transactions & Intellectual Property Team within the Delta Air Lines Law Department. The Law Department provides centralized legal services and support for Delta Air Lines and its affiliates and subsidiaries worldwide. This role will (i) work closely with in-house counsel in the design, development and on-going maintenance and enforcement of Deltas global trademark program and (ii) manage and negotiate content acquisition and copyright licenses for Deltas In-Flight Entertainment program, talent and marketing agency service agreements, and corporate event and organization sponsorship agreements. The successful candidate will be part of a team of legal professionals with a mission to deliver top-quality and cost-conscious legal solutions to business issues, while leveraging technology to increase efficiency.
This position is based in Atlanta. This is NOT a remote opportunity.
- Serve as senior in-house trademark paralegal, working with in-house and outside trademark counsel on clearance, registration and maintenance of Deltas global trademark portfolio, reviewing trademark applications, prosecution documents, oppositions, and non-use cancellations.
- Coordinate cease and desist letters/online take down notices with Deltas in-house attorneys, business leaders, and outside counsel.
- Assist with drafting trademark and copyright-related contracts and settlement agreements in close coordination with internal and external counsel.
- Coordinate the gathering of evidence in support of trademark and patent prosecution and litigation proceedings.
- Monitor the global trademark budget and support other IP projects as needed (such as due diligence requests).
- With attorney supervision, draft, review and negotiate content acquisition and copyright licenses for Deltas In-Flight Entertainment program, talent and marketing agency service agreements, and corporate event and organization sponsorship agreements .
- Assist with the development and maintenance of contract templates and contract training materials, related to content acquisition and licensing matters.
- Serve as a liaison between the Commercial Transactions & Intellectual Property Team and contract, negotiation and sales professionals in other Delta departments regarding commercial, licensing and IP initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and devise plans to implement appropriate changes.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.