Senior Counsel- Business and Legal Affairs at Nickelodeon Animation
New York, NY, USA
$120.000 - $160.000
27 May → 26 Jun
Our open Senior Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs will provide day-to-day business and legal affairs services, primarily for the Nickelodeon Animation Studio, with a focus on original animation development and production. The role will balance a heavy volume of matters relating to both “in-house” and third party productions. This role can be located in either Burbank, CA or New York, New York.
- Draft and negotiate, with minimal supervision, a high volume of development and production agreements, primarily for animated projects, including development agreements, production services agreements, producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, vendor agreements, license agreements and rights acquisition agreements.
- Provide advice for productions and work with a broad range of departments (Production Management, Labor & Employment/Production Risk Team, Risk Management, Litigation, Music & Media Licensing and Pre-Broadcast Content Review) to implement production legal policies and procedures.
- Advise various departments for the networks (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex BALA matters.
- Review and analyze chain of title and other rights issues.
- Review scripts and programming for clearances and potential legal risks.
- Develop and craft deal parameters and templates and forms.
- Partner with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.
Requirements / Qualifications
Qualified candidates must be a member of the California Bar with a minimum of 5 years of transferable experience (ideally in a network, studio, entertainment law firm or production company environment).
Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills are a must.
Working knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations (Animation Guild, Local 839 I.A.T.S.E, WGA, DGA, SAG-AFTRA), contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) is a plus,
Mastered capability for legal research, analysis and reasoning.
Our ideal candidate will have a Proven Understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices and possess demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys.
Innate ability to multi-task under pressure, manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly and operate autonomously within corporate parameters.
Desire to build Strong internal client relationships and effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of high pressure.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.