Marketing & Advertising Paralegal at Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
San Mateo, CA, USA
$75.000 - $97.000
27 May → 26 Jun
Sony PlayStation is seeking a hardworking Paralegal who wants to work on ground breaking tech product development, marketing, IP, and entertainment issues as a member of the PlayStation Legal Clearance Team. This position supports the PlayStation video game products and services. PlayStation offers the opportunity to work in a technology company with an entertainment focus, in a casual environment that provides ambitious legal issues. A good fit will love technology, cutting-edge legal issues and working closely with a team.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
- Review video games in development to provide intellectual property clearance and confirm compliance with applicable regulations, company standards and industry standards.
- Review packaging, digital store content and marketing materials to provide intellectual property clearance and confirm compliance with applicable advertising regulations, company standards and industry standards (such as ESRB Guidelines).
- Review marketing materials for PlayStation Store, video games, and TV and video services.
- Draft sweepstakes and contest rules.
- Draft affidavits and releases.
- Reviewing marketing creative for compliance with promotion laws, company standards and industry standards.
- Perform trademark clearance searches.
- Review of marketing materials for PlayStation network services.
- In consultation with Department attorneys/managers, provide advice to Marketing and Product Development groups on all topics listed above.
Requirements / Qualifications
At least 4 years Intellectual Property, Advertising, Promotions or Entertainment Law Experience in House or at a Law Firm.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Paralegal experience.
Background in all or some of the following areas: Trademark, Copyright, Promotions, Privacy, Entertainment and Advertising Law.
Ability to multi-task and optimally assess priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Strong communication skills.
Ability to pay attention to detail.
Experience in entertainment industry a plus.
Experience with technology and video games a plus.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.